I cannot believe it's already August. I can't believe John's birthday has rolled around again. I can't believe it's been nearly a month between my last blog posts. I can't believe time has gotten the better of me yet again.
Time for another drive-by post:
- The new computer system at work is going better than I expected. It's still very, VERY flawed and I wonder how on earth we're the only store having some of the issues we're having, but it is not as bad as it could have been and for that I am grateful.
- Studying is going. Not as well as I'd hoped it would, but it's going. I'm carving out some time each day to tackle it, because saving it for days when I have an extended period of time is not working real well. Hopefully by the end of the year I will be ready for the exam.
- I tried on dresses yesterday and was able to get into a smaller size than I've been wearing, so all these small steps are finally starting to work. I think the next thing is finding a gym membership, at least for the moment. We are an upstairs apartment in a tiny building and I don't want to subject anyone to my thumping on a treadmill or pounding away to an aerobics video, which would not happen anyway since we've no room for either of those things. I wish I could do Weight Watchers with a group, but I cannot always be sure I can be free during the meeting times, so I guess I will continue to go that route alone.
- I'm making more progress on the whole keeping calm front too. It does no good in the long run to get all hot-headed and it really doesn't make me feel better either, so I'm working particularly hard on keeping myself in check and remembering everything is not of earth-shattering importance. Plus, there are things I cannot control no matter how much I might like, and so those things need to just roll off my back. Like Paul G. posted on Facebook the other day, mind like water... mind like water...
- We enjoyed a few cool days in East Texas but are back to hotter than Hades. Neil Diamond was right about those Hot August Nights, but I am looking forward to fall, and being able to wear my jeans and long-sleeved shirts in comfort. I'm in the wrong part of the world to have this opinion, but I do so hate the heat.
- I'm also recommitting to a daily quiet time first thing in the morning. My routine got kicked on its head a while back and it's been a mental struggle to get back. I'm there now, and determined to stick with it.
That's it for now... hopefully the new routine will give me more time for blogging. I miss writing about the things we do, and will be posting soon about our first Free Museum Day Out a couple of weeks ago.