- Turning 35. I used to think 35 was O-L-D but now it feels like I'm just getting to who I really am, which is kind of awesome.
- Getting in shape. I know, I know, everyone does the "I'm going to lose eleventy billion pounds this year" but for me it's about losing some weight and getting healthy. I see Sarah, and the habits she is learning, and I want her to have a better time than I did. So we'll choke down a few more fresh fruits and veggies, and put down our smart phones a little more to get some exercise. Plus, I want to be able to go in a store and not have to look longingly at the larger sizes, wondering if they'll fit.
- Going back to school. I've already started the application process and am working on my FAFSA. Hopefully by this time next year, I have a class or two under my belt and a good plan in place for making that long-awaited dream come true.
- Continuing to raise a fairly awesome, well-adjusted little girl. I love that she says "thank you" now without being prompted most of the time. She says "you're welcome" when you tell her "thank you." And she's picked up on my "it happens" - so when she makes a mistake and I tell her it's okay, we talk about how "it happens."
- Finding a better job - with some better benefits, more vacation time, and with any luck, the feeling that I'm really doing something to help make our world a better place, not just improving a shareholder's bottom line.
2012 was good, but I'm expecting better things.